About: Serving qualifying veterans, family members and caregivers, the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center main campus has 152 beds and 20 operating nursing home beds and is located in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The Ralph H. Johnson VAMC has VA also operates clinics in North Charleston and Goose Creek.
Services: Some services provided by the Ralph H. Johnson VAMC are primary care and specialty health services which include cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, post-traumatic stress disorder treatment, military sexual trauma, nutrition & dietary care, bariatric surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, mental health services, treatment for substance abuse, oncology and more.
- Services over 75,000 Veterans in a region comprised of more than 15,000 square miles.
- Was renamed in 1991 for Marine PFC. Ralph H. Johnson, a Charleston native posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for acts of bravery in Vietnam
- Is a teaching hospital with a full range of services.
- Has a research program that received more than $24M in VA and non-VA funding in FY 2016 and conducts research in several different medical fields.
- Physician, Patient, Advocate: Dr. Lara Lambert’s Story
- Getting the Best Care as a Veteran
- Homeless in Need of Health Care
- PODCAST: Expanding Services For Veterans Experiencing Homelessness
- Support for our Peers at the VA
- Scott Isaacks, CEO, Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center
Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
109 Bee Street
Charleston, SC 29401-5799